5 Minute Tarot
Tarot is a powerful tool for transformation, but how do you get to the meaning of the card?
Most readers spend years trying to memorize definitions, avoiding reversals, and generally being confused about which meaning of the card is the "right" one.
Instead, I'm going to share my 5 Minute Tarot™ Method that will have you reading the cards right now, even if you've never picked up a deck before.
1. Name the Card. You'll want to state the name of the card and the deck you drew it from, preferably out loud. This important step gets you out of your head and away from the ideas that you don't know the meaning of the card.
Instead, you'll focus on what you DO know - namely which card it is and what deck you are using.
2. Identify what stands out to you. What grabs your attention? What do you notice first? Is there anything that catches your eye? This might be a particular person on the card, an animal, an object, or even the background or a building.
Go with your gut reaction on this. You may find yourself telling a story about this and what it means to you.
3. Start describing the physical characteristics of the card. If a camera were filming the scene, what would it see? In this step, you just want to talk about how many people are on the card, what they are doing, the colors of the clothes they are wearing, and anything that you can physically see.
At this point most people start telling the story about what is going on in the card. They talk about what the people are doing, where they came from, and what they are thinking and feeling. If any of those things come up, go with it and see where they lead.
4. Talk about the interactions on the card. This may be between 2 or more people, a person and an animal, or even someone and an object on the card, for example on the Chariot card, the interaction between the person in the chariot and the chariot itself.
This step will help you uncover nuances in the card that you may not have noticed before or that you may not have been paying attention to.
5. Ask yourself, "How does this relate to my life?" This is the most important step, and the one that turns Tarot into a psychological tool that can be used to unlock your subconscious thoughts.
The entire reading you may have thought you were talking about the card, but you've been talking about you and your own life.
This is why Tarot is a reflection of YOU and where you are right now in your life. You can't find the best meanings in a book because they all come from you.
When you use Tarot in this way, you'll be able to start reading the cards right now, today, and your readings will give you much more clarity and insight into your own life than anything you will find by memorizing definitions.
You'll also start asking better questions - questions that will empower you to take charge of your life and start taking the actions that will lead you to a better tomorrow.
This is the method that I developed back when I was a psychologist, and my clients started getting amazing results.
They were able to finally make real, lasting changes in their lives beyond what traditional talk therapy was doing for them. All because they started to see the power within themselves.
Don't just use Tarot to predict the future - start creating it!
Want to learn more about the 5 Minute Tarot Process, see examples, and how it can be used? Check out the 5 Minute Tarot Guide and Bonus Demonstrations here.
About The Author
Amethyst Mahoney, PhD is the founder of Tarot Therapy and Spiritual Badass. She helps people learn to use the cards in a way that accesses the subconscious so that they can overcome trauma. Amethyst is passionate about helping people overcome religious trauma and start their own online businesses. She has a goal of helping at least 1,000 people become Certified Tarot Therapists so that they can help more people all over the World with Tarot Therapy. Amethyst is the author of several books as well as the best-selling yearly Tarot Therapy Planner. You can find her in her forever home near Nashville, TN with her husband Brent and their fur babies.